coupon bar

Monday, January 7, 2013

2013 Results Week: Week of 1/6

Welcome to 2013!! It's a new year with new beginnings.  I was excited to start up the "new" website.  I hope everyone loves it and learns something new.  It's a lot of work and I am enjoying it!  So just be patient with me as I get into a routine and make changes along the way.  For those who is reading this for the first time, I want to tell you what this Coupon Journey is about.  Last year, I decided instead of a New Year's resolution, I wanted to see what couponing really does for my family.  So I started a private facebook group to track my journey.  My goal was to only spend $20 a week. Sometimes I go over and sometimes I don't.  It all depends on the deals.  My $20 is toward the drugstores, Walmart, Target, and non-food items at the grocery stores.  Maybe one day I will master the art of the grocery stores and add it to my journey. As you can tell, this small group became something even more and here we are!

This week I went to my usual stomping grounds, Rite Aid and CVS.  The deals were awesome at both places!  I found myself today wishing Rite Aid didn't do the "one a day" up reward transaction. I found myself paying a little bit more out of pocket because of it.  I still have a good amount on the CVS gift card I got for Christmas.  Because of that, I will show you what my out of pocket cost would have been, but because this gift card was a gift and not from my wallet, I am not counting this toward my $20 spending goal.  I count it as free.

Results Week 1/6
You Saved How Much






Couponing Tip: Get to know the store's coupon policy.  If you plan to be a regular couponer or an extreme coupon, it is vital to know the Store Policy.  You can find them at any of the stores websites or view the ones on our site.  Once you find them, print it.  After printing, read it, study it, memorize it and put it in your binder.  There has been many occasions I needed to pull mine out.  Some cashiers actually don't know their workplace's coupon policy and that is when having one comes handy.  After you successful gain knowledge of the policy, you will know what to and what not to do. This can also make a difference in what you pay out of pocket and what you could of saved on.




Rite Aid

Transaction #1

**The sales are valid from 1/6-1/12 unless otherwise marked.**

Bought 6 Nivea Chapsticks, $2.50, Sale Price
**Spend $15.00, Receive $8.00 Up Reward.  Limit 1.**
Used three $3.00/2 on any Nivea Lip Product (SS 1/6)
Paid: $6.00, Received $8.00 Up Reward.
Final Price: $2.00 Moneymaker

Bought 1 GE Energy Ceiling Light Bulbs, 2 pack, $2.99, Sale Price
**Buy 1, Receive $1.00 Up Reward. Limit 1.**
Paid: $2.99, Received $1.00 Up Reward.
Final Price: $1.99

Bought 2 Pentel Express Mechanical Pencils $4.99, Regular Price
**Buy 1, Get $4.00 Up Reward.  Limit 4. Sale until 1-26**
--I have Gold Membership Status on my wellness card.  This means I get 20% off regular priced items.--
Paid: $7.98, Received $8.00 Up Reward
Final Price: $0.02 Moneymaker

Bought 3 Trident Gum, $1.00, Sale Price
**Buy 3, Get $1.00 Up Reward.  Limit 1.**
Used one $1.00/3 Trident Gum (RP 1/6)
Paid: $2.00, Received $1.00 UPR
Final Price: $1.00 for 3



Total for #1: $19.64. I used $10.50 Up Rewards that I had from last week making my total $8.14.  I received a total of $18.00 Up Rewards that I will use for next week.


_________________________________________________________
Rite Aid Summary:              Spent: $8.14                         Saved: $29.57
_________________________________________________________


CVS

**All sales items are valid from 1/6-1/12 unless otherwise marked**
Transaction #1


Bought 1 Cultrelle, $10.00, Sale Price
**Buy 1, Get $10.00 Extrabucks. Limit 1.**
Paid: $10.00, Recieved $10.00 Extrabucks
Final Price: Free

Bought 4 Stayfree Pads, $4.19, Regular Price
**Buy One, Get One Free**
Used two Buy One, Get One Free Stayfree Paid (RP 1/6)
Final Price: Free

Bought 2 Good N Natural Bars, $0.99, Sale Price
Used two Free Good N Natural Bars, Up to $1.19 (RP 1/6)
Final Price: Free

Bought 3 Peel Off Masque, $0.49, Clearance Price
Final Price: $1.07

Bought 1 Soft Scrub, $2.00, Sale Price
Used $1.00 off any Soft Scrub Product (coupons.com)
Final Price: $1.00


TOTAL FOR #1: $11.95.  I used $10.50 Extrabucks from last week (I forgot a $1.00 one a home), making my total $1.45. I used my gift card, which makes this nothing out of pocket and received a total of $10.00 Extrabucks.


Transaction #2

Bought 2 ROC Max Scrub, $10.79 Regular Price
**Buy 2, Get $17.00 Extrabucks.  Limit 1.**
Used two $3.00/1 ROC Anti-Aging Product (SS 1/6)
Paid: $15.92, Received $17.00 Extrabucks
Final Price: $1.08 Moneymaker


TOTAL FOR #2: $15.92.  I used my $10.00 Extrabucks making my total $5.92. I used my gift card, which makes this nothing out of pocket and received  $17.00 Extrabucks. So counting the $1.00 I forgot at home, I have a total of $18.00 Extrabucks to use for next week.

___________________________________________________________
CVS Summary:    Spent: $7.37                Saved:$76.15
             ---Used my gift card, so this will be free on my journey summary---
_______________________________________________________________


                                                    2013 Coupon Journey Summary

                                 Spent                      Saved                   Spending Goal
This Week               $8.14                     $107.52                       $20.00
Month of January   $8.14                     $107.52                       $20.00
Year To Date          $8.14                     $107.52                        $20.00




Fun little fact:  If I didn't use my gift card, I would've still been under my $20.00 limit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment