coupon bar

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

2013 Results Week: 1/13-1/19

This week, I only stuck with one store.  I had to visit it multiple times because of the transaction rules, but Rite Aid was the only place that peeked my interest.  I am also enjoying Rite Aid's Buy & Save promotions that they have every January & February.  If you are unsure what this is , you have to buy at least $100 of selected products, total counts before coupons, and you will get a $20.00 +up reward.  If you go further, of course, you will get more.  To know what the items are, you will see a red Buy & Sale tag on the product shelves. If my local CVS didn't have the kiosk broke for the majority of the week, I might of shopped there this week with those great coupons some customers got!  To me since I had a total of $18.00 ECB, I decided that it would be easier to wait until next week, so I can buy things I am interested in.  CVS did have some good deals, but not enough for me to shop there.


Results Week 1/13-1/19
You Saved How Much


Couponing Tip: Do you know what to do if your reward doesn't print?  This happened to me last week at CVS.  The Aveeno deals should have printed out a $17.00 ECB.  I bought the requirement, which was 2 and I knew I didn't buy the excluded items.  What to do is before the next transaction or before you leave the store, double check your list and your extrabucks.  Make sure all of them printed.  If one didn't, go to the flier rack and find the item in the ad.  Take it to the spot where that item is kept and double check.  Is there a sales tag there?  Is this an excluded item?  Is this the correct size requirement?  Did I hit the required amount? If all of those questions end in a yes, then go straight back up front.  When you get to the cashier, explain what item didn't print.  Show them your receipt, the items, and the sales ad.  When they also verify you met the requirement of the purchase, they will print it out for you.  Always be nice and calm when explaining.  Being rude and ignorant will only upset the employees and not want to ever work with you.  If you shop there often, reputation is everything then.  I know personally by my visits, how some coupons can be.  I have heard their stories and sadly, couponers don't usually have a good reputation.



Rite Aid

**All items are during the sale week of 1/13-1/19 unless otherwise mentioned.**

Transaction #1

Bought 1 Pentel Energel Gel Pen, 2 pack $3.99, Regular Price
**Buy 1, Get $3.00 +up reward.  Limit ?.  Sale until 1/26.**
--Having a Wellness Gold Membership, my 20% off applies.--
Paid: $3.19, Received $3.00 +up reward
Final Price: $0.19

Bought 1 Cultrelle, $16.00
**Buy 1, Get $16.00 +up reward.  Limit 1.**
Paid: $16.00, Received $16.00 +up reward
Final Price: FREE

Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub, $5.99, Sale Price
Use $4.00/1 Biore Pore Strip or Cleanser product (Rite Aid Facebook Coupon)
Final Price: $1.99

TOTAL FROM #1: $21.25.  I used my total of $19.00 +up reward making my total $3.25. I gained a grand total of $19.00 +up rewards to use another day of this week.


Transaction #2


Bought 2 GE Smart Energy Bulbs, 2 pack, $5.99, Sale Price
**Buy 1, Get $4.00 +up reward.  Limit 2.**
Used two $1.00/1 on any GE Smart Energy Bulb Multipack (SS 1/6)
Paid: $9.98, Received a total of $8.00 +up reward
Final price: $0.99 each

Bought 4 Edge Shave Gel $3.49, Regular Price
**Buy 1, Get $2.00 +up reward.  Limit 4.**
--My Gold Status Wellness Card took 20% off this regular price.**
Used 2 $2.00/2 Edge Shave Gel, excludes trial size (SS1/6)
Paid: $7.16, Received a total of $8.00 +up reward
Final Price: $0.84 Moneymaker


TOTAL FROM #2: $17.21.  I used only $16.00 +up reward making my total $1.21.  I then received a total of $16.00 +up reward.  I somehow also got an extra $1.00+up reward somehow and add all of that to my $3.00 +up reward from my last transaction and I have a grand total of $20.00 +up reward for next week.  Also, on the Buy & Save promotion, I am to the total off $99.61, so I will be getting a $20 +up reward next week when I do my couponing.

______________________________________________________________________________
Rite Aid Summary:        Spent: $4.46                  Saved: 72.59
_______________________________________________________________________________





                                                           2013  Couponing Summary


                                                      Spent                      Saved            Spending Goal

THIS WEEK:                          $4.46                     $72.59             $20.00
MONTH OF JANUARY:      $12.60                   $180.11           $40.00
YEAR TO DATE:                  $12.60                   $180.11          $40.00

No comments:

Post a Comment