coupon bar

Thursday, July 25, 2013

2013 Coupon Journey: Week of 7/21

This week I had a hard time finding Drugstore Deals that I liked.  I have slacked or more like haven't been wanting to pay full price for ink, which has made my couponing options limited. I have been hoping for many items to come up with my rainchecks, but it looks more like my coupons will expire before the product is back in stock again.  Fortunately, the CVS Rainchecks doesn't expire!  I will say before someone makes the comment, the Tena Pads were free & they are being donated to a family friend's mother!! We young one don't need them if you are wondering! For three weeks straight, I will repeat myself by saying, "Here's to hoping for better deals next week."


(Please forgive the horrible picture, my camera died and I took it off my cell phone)
Results Week: Week 7/21-7/27
You Saved How Much







Couponing Tip:  Organization is key when couponing.  Whether is planning your trips, your binder, or your stockpile.  I wanted to focus this week on organizing on your coupons. People believe it takes hours on end to organize coupons.  Honestly, it can. That is if you want to do everything in one day.  I divide up my organization throughout the week. I cleaned out the binder midweek after I complete all my couponing.  I take out the old and organize it to get ready for the new.  Then Sunday's I begin cutting and organizing them into section.  For example, this following Sunday is a big one with FIVE confirmed inserts!  I will divide it up like I have my binder.  My four major sections are: Hygiene, Household, Food, and Other.  In them I have small sections.  For instance my hygiene is: toothpaste, toothbrush, mouthwash/floss, other dental, razors, shaving gel, female products, makeup, lotions, yadda...yadda...yadda.  You get the drift!  After I have clipped the coupons I pick up one of my four sections and start dividing it out into the mini-sections I listed above.  The great thing about this is if I have to stop for the day, I can keep my other sections in pile and move them easily until I go into it.  The worse thing you can do is leave it go for weeks without organizing!  Instead of saving, you will only gain headaches!  Another system is the folder file system.  I have people that give me extra inserts after I buy my Sunday ones, with them, I have a little filing system for each week and when I see a deal and used up my coupons that I had in the binder, I will go to that system and retrieve my coupons!  If you ever have any questions, get ahold of us on facebook (the faster way) and we will be happy to answer and help you even organize!  We help loving people save!









CVS

Transaction #1

Bought 4 Gillette Series Shaving Gel, $3.99, Regular Price
Bought 2 Venus & Olay Razors, $11.79, Regular Price
**Spend $30, Get $10.00 Extrabucks. Limit 1.**
Used two Buy One, Get One Free Gillette Shaving Gel, Up to $4.99 (Expires 7/31)
  --The coupon took off $4.99 each!!--
Used two $5.00/1  Venus Razor (Expires 7/31)
Paid: $19.54, Received $10.00 Extrabucks
Final Price: $1.59 each

Bought 5 Tena Pads, $4.19 each
Used five FREE up to $5.00 (Expires 8/31)
Final Price: FREE

TOTAL FROM #1: $19.25.  I used my $12.00 Extrabucks, which made my total $7.25. I then received $10.00 Extrabucks to use for next week

___________________________________________________________________
CVS Summary:  Spent: $7.25          Saved: $53.74
__________________________________________________________________


Rite Aid

Transaction #1

Bought 1 L'Oreal Excellence Hair Dye, $8.99 Regular Price
**Buy 1, Get $3.00 +Up Reward. Limit 3.**
Used $2.00/1 (Expires 8/12)
and used $2.00/1 (Rite Aid Ad-In Coupon)
and had 20% off due to Gold Wellness Status
Paid: $3.99, Received $3.00 +Up Reward
Final Price: $0.99

Bought 2 Stayfree Pads, $2.99, Sale Price
**Buy 1, Get $2.00 +Up Reward. Limit 2.**
Used two $1.00/1 (Expires 7/31)
Paid: $3.98, Received $4.00 +Up Reward
Final Price: $0.02 Moneymaker

TOTAL FROM #1:  $7.17.  I used my $7.00 +Up Rewards making my total $0.17. I received $7.00 + Up Rewards this week and have $6.00+Up Rewards from last week = $13.00 +Up Rewards to spend next week!


________________________________________________________________
Rite Aid Summary: Spent: $0.17             Saved: $16.80
________________________________________________________________



2013 Coupon Journey


                             Spent       Saved      Spending Goal
THIS WEEK:         $7.42        $70.54     $20.00
MONTH OF JULY: $26.72     $166.00    $60.00
YEAR TO DATE:  $331.46     $3437.47  $600.00

No comments:

Post a Comment